Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Don't forget to say Rabbit!!!

 I want to dedicate the year of the rabbit to my Great Grandmother Magdalene Brown, As Rabbit was her thing. My Great Grandmother was an extremely superstitious woman brought up in England, She hated black cats, Friday the 13th, She would never walk on cracks on the pavement and never dream of walking under a ladder. She would go absolutely nuts if someone broke a mirror.
Black cats
Friday the 13th
Romantic but terribly unlucky

Cracks

the bunny that cracked
These are all relatively normal superstitions, but what was strange was her insistence that every person should say "rabbit" first thing in the morning on the first day of every month and presumably you will have good luck for the duration of the month. I have no idea why a rabbit should be so lucky.

So I decided to do some research about the Rabbit and its association with luck..I googled it and found out it is British and there are actually a lot of different variations of this superstition some say you should say "White Rabbit" or “rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit” Apparently a Rabbit is considered lucky because it represents jumping into the future and moving ahead with life and happiness.
Let my fingers jump you

Try jumping in these!
 Eat me!! Nom Nom
 
Marry Me!
So with out further ado

Happy Chinese New Year,

in the spirit of the rabbit lets jump into the future and move ahead with life and happiness!

Update
I found this blog this morning and I thought it would be interesting for anyone who likes Rabbits
101 chinese new year rabbits

No comments:

Post a Comment